Even though most piercing shops aim to offer hygienic and healthy surroundings, some may not take appropriate precautions against infectivity or other health risk.
If you make your mind up to get a body piercing, do some analytical exertion about the shops’ procedures and observe whether they afford a hygienic and harmless environment for their customers or not. Each of the shops has to own an autoclave machine and they should keep all the instruments in a hygienic condition to ensure maximum safety against any kind of infection.
During the piercing process be conscious about some issues like
- the shop is hygienic
- the performer cleans their hands with antiseptic before performing piercing
- the performer is using fresh disposable gloves
- the performer is using sterilized instruments and /or intact instruments
- the performer is not using a piercing gun, the gun may be unsafe
- the performer is using an intact needle that has not been used earlier
Besides be confirm to have a jewelry that is made of any nontoxic metal like
- surgical steel
- solid 14-karat or 18-karat gold