How to take good care of your tattoo:
Be conscious about the following issues after having a new tattoo-
- Try to avoid touching fresh tattoos
- Try to keep a new tattoo covered during sleeping
- While removing the bandage, first wet the gauge with water. Then wash it with antiseptic soap, clean properly and dry it by using a soft towel
- Do not apply peroxide or alcohol- they will dry out your tattoo. Apply a light coat of antibiotic ointment three times daily. Rub this ointment into the tattoo like lotion.
- The coating should be kept soft and not get crack or hard.
- There may be some itching or scabbing, but so not scratch the tattoo.
- Within 10 days, the new tattoo will stop feeling tender and then you can discontinue using the antibiotic ointment
- Apply a gentle lotion on your tattoo for another two weeks
- Keep your novel tattoo away from direct sunlight for one month
- Avoid drenching in a hot tub or swimming until the tattoo is completely healed, because it can ruin your tattoo