Piercing sometimes cause of infection and other problems. So it should be taken some protective steps to get cured from it without any hazardous. As you are going to pierce you should keep in mind the following tips.
1. As long as your body piercing turn to heal you shouldn't touch it randomly. Also don't let anyone kiss, lick or touch on it.
2. Body piercing sometimes may take more than one month to years to completely heal, so you shouldn't take it off. Any changing or removing jewelry unnecessarily should be avoided in that time.
3. Always be care with not to use Hydrogen Peroxide, hand soap and most importantly Alcohol in it because they may cause of damaging healthy cells and scar tissue.
4. As aftercare you shouldn't use Petroleum jelly because it can gather and accelerate the growth of bacteria.
5. Precautions must be taken at swimming i.e. wear a waterproof bandage in piercing area. Also avoid hot tubs and public pools because it may reason of pain.
6. Flexible dress should be taken in the pierced area. You may be irritated with tight fitting dress with a new body piercing.
7. For ensuring your sanitation change your bed sheet at least once a week.
8. In the initial healing period, reduce intake of aspirin, alcohol, caffeine, drugs and other liquids.
9. For oral piercing special care should be taken i.e. avoid smoking, eating spicy foods.
10. Before completely healing you should avoid lotions, tanning oils and specially sand in the pierced area. Also care so that direct sunlight can be avoided in it.
Aftercare requires for any task either a major operation or minor, either a little task such as piercing or tattoo in a body. It is common matter that if you dont make an attention to aftercare then you would have to face some physical problems such as infections that may turn into a big trouble. So, it is important for anyone to get proper care after piercing for preventing any physical problems.