If you decide to get your tongue pierced, be sure to follow these guidelines:
• Be sure that the body art studio is licensed and established
• Make sure that their rooms are well lighted for the procedure
• You don’t want complications, so make sure the rooms are clean and neat
• Make sure all instruments are sanitized; all gloves must be new, and needles used are disposable
• Don’t go for piercing guns, they are known to cause greater tissue damage
• Take ibuprofen before the procedure to minimize pain and reduce the amount of swelling
Alex Cabrjas said:
Hello guys! I have already posted my blog about tongue piercing aftercare. Take time to read it and add more insights!
I have read your post and I find it so thorough and informative! I'm considering having tongue piercing and I am weighing the pros and cons. Thanks much!
Maybe it will be healed within 2-6 weeks. If you follow instruction properly and take time-to time medicine your tongue will get well within 3 weeks.
However to heal fast, you should strictly avoid the followings:
1) Hard and spicy foods.
2) You should also avoid hot foods
3) Keep foreign objects out of your mouth
4) Avoid smoking and drinking anything with alcohol